Pages

8/19/10

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Last night for supper I deiced to try a new soup recipe I had found on the Kraft website. Derek and I enjoy going to Tony Romas for lunch for there soup and sandwich special and we always get the baked potato soup, so I was over joyed when I found this recipe for baked potato soup! It was very easy and takes about 15 mins to make and is all done in the microwave! My husband is the worlds pickiest eater and he even liked it!



What You Need

1 lb. baking potatoes (about 2), cubed (I would add more potatoes as we found it a little to runny and I peeled them first)
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup Milk
3 slices Bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1 Green onion sliced, divided
1/4 cup Sour Cream

Make It

MICROWAVE potatoes in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 5 min., stirring after 2-1/2 min. Stir in broth and milk. Microwave 10 min., stirring after 5 min. Carefully crush potatoes with potato masher.

RESERVE 2 Tbsp. each bacon and cheese and 1 Tbsp. onions for topping. Stir remaining bacon, cheese and onions into soup.

SERVE topped with reserved bacon, cheese, onions and sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...