Pages

1/21/11

Sweet Dreams, Finally

As I had mentioned in post's throughout my blog, Daxon was sleeping through the night since the day we brought him home. I remember the first night waking him up to feed him and then having people telling me if he's hungry he will wake up and I should be lucky he sleeps so good.

Well lets just say things have changed a lot since then. He would go through spurts of sleeping well and then waking up a lot and having to rock him back to sleep, only for him to wake up screaming the moment you put him back in his crib and then ending up having to put him in bed with us for him to fall asleep and let me tell you he is not the best person to sleep with and know one got a good night sleep!

I had tried a few things in the past to try to get him to sleep and ended up choosing the Ferber method. I know there is a lot of controversy over this technique, but my parents used it on me and it did not traumatize me.

So starting this past week I thought I would give it another go (I had tried it a few times in the past but then something would come up and we never followed through). The one thing that I hadn't done in the past was come up with a strong bedtime routine, so this time we started with that part. We get Daxon in his Pj', turned off the bedroom light and turned the lamp on, we then sit in the rocking chair and read a book, after the book it's bed time. I can't tell you how well this has worked. The first night he cried for 45 mins (Derek was at work, so I called a friend to distract me), the second night 15 mins and the last 5, right to sleep, no standing up crying and throwing his blanket out of the crib, just quite and falling asleep and sleeping the entire night!

I am so happy with the way it had been going and everyone has been a lot happier with a good night sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...